Preparing Your Camper
Sending your child to camp can be a very big step in both your life and your child’s life. We recognize that because a stay at camp means at least a week away from home. we must be the home away from home for your child. Feeling like home doesn’t come automatically, we work very hard to make sure that both campers and parents are comfortable and confident with camp. The first step to building this relationship is taking a trip to camp for a tour or open house. For more information on scheduling a private family tour or visiting for an open house please visit our
At Camp Speers YMCA we believe that the true value of Camp lies in the connections that each camper makes with their cabin mates and with nature. Connecting to technology while at camp makes these personal connections less attainable, therefore, Speers YMCA is a technology-free Camp. We do not permit campers to bring electronic devices. Campers may communicate with their family and friends by writing letters. We suggest that if you would like your camper to write while they are at camp, you send them with pre-stamped and addressed postcards or envelopes. Likewise, you may want to leave an addressed letter at the office for your camper so that it may be delivered the first day of camp. There’s nothing better than receiving a handwritten letter from home!
- All staff are CPR, AED and Oxygen certified
- State and Federal background check clearances
- Program specific certifications
- Counselors trained to be engaging and fun in order to give campers the best experience possible
KEEPING IN TOUCH WITH YOUR CAMPER
Camp Office Hours:
|Monday – Friday||9 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Saturday||9 a.m. to 1 p.m.|
|Sunday||10 a.m. to 6 p.m.|
Important information and options for contacting
your child at CAMP SPEERS YMCA
- If you need to contact someone after hours in the event of an EMERGENCY, please call the director on duty at 570-493-2220.
- Check-In Times and Location: Sundays 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. in the Speers Lodge
- Checkout Times: Saturdays 9 am – 11 pm
- You may also send an email to your camper at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please enter your camper’s name and cabin assignment into the subject line of the email message and send before 1 p.m. for same day delivery.
- You may send a fax to your camper at (570)828-2984. Please print the name of your camper and his/her cabin assignment on each fax you send. Faxes received by 1 p.m. will be distributed that day.
- If your child would like to attend an additional week of camp, payment is expected at the time of registration. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.