Camp Speers is the premier day camp for Pike County. Day camp programs offer children from Pre-K to tenth grade the opportunity to experience the exciting Camp Speers programs. Day campers select from a variety of age-appropriate activities to create a fun schedule within their camp group. The Kinder-Kamp group (ages 3-5) experiences introductory activities and a slower paced schedule. Explorers (ages 6-7), Pathfinders (ages 8-9), and Adventurers (ages 10-12) choose their own activities throughout the week. Teen Trailblazers (ages 13-15) enjoy the summer through engaging and advanced camp activities and exciting off-camp trips every week.
Day campers select from activities such as canoeing, sailing, rock climbing, horseback riding (for an additional fee), mountain biking, hiking, kayaking, arts & crafts, drama, songs and skits, survival skills, tie-dye, archery, nature art, sports, ga-ga, marksmanship, high ropes, music & more.
Themes and Special Events
Special events and themes are a huge part of Camp Speers’ traditions. On special event days, camper groups work together to assemble a team of super heroes (counselors) or follow a secret map to find gold treasure. Session themes range from popular Disney and Pixar movies to our annual Red, White and Blue week, to celebrate the Fourth of July.
Week 1: Olympics
Week 2: Red, White, and Blue
Week 3: Color Wars
Week 4: Superheros
Week 5: Wet, Wild, and Wacky
Week 6: Under the Sea
Week 7: Game Show Week
Week 8: Sorting Hat
Week 9: Around the World
Week 10: Wild, Wild, West
WHAT TO BRING TO CAMP
- What to wear:
- closed-toe shoes
- clothing appropriate for the weather *we encourage layers
- In their backpack your child should have:
- bathing suit (required for swimming)
- water bottle
- raincoat or umbrella for rainy days
- hat (recommended)
- underwear (recommended)
- extra set of clothes (recommended)
- All clothing, as well as possessions, need to be clearly marked with your child’s name.
- Children participating in Horseback Riding will need to bring long pants and shoes or boots with a one-inch heel and little or no tread.
- Do not allow your child to bring in trading cards, cell phones, Gameboys, iPods, or other valuables. Camp is not responsible for lost or stolen items bought from home.
- CELL PHONES ARE NOT NEEDED AT CAMP. Therefore, campers are urged to leave them at home while at Day Camp.