Camp Speers is the premier day camp for Pike County. Day camp programs offer children from Pre-K to tenth grade the opportunity to experience the exciting Camp Speers programs. Day campers select from a variety of age-appropriate activities to create a fun schedule within their camp group. The Kinder-Kamp group (ages 4-5) experiences introductory activities and a slower paced schedule. Explorers (ages 6-7), Pathfinders (ages 8-9), and Adventurers (ages 10-12) choose their own activities throughout the week. Teen Trailblazers (ages 13-15) enjoy the summer through engaging and advanced camp activities and exciting off-camp trips every week.
Day campers select from activities such as canoeing, sailing, rock climbing, horseback riding, mountain biking, hiking, kayaking, arts & crafts, drama, songs and skits, survival skills, tie-dye, archery, nature art, sports, ga-ga, marksmanship, high ropes, music & more.
Themes and Special Events
Special events and themes are a huge part of Camp Speers’ traditions. On special event days, camper groups work together to assemble a team of super heroes (counselors) or follow a secret map to find gold treasure. Session themes range from popular Disney and Pixar movies to our annual Red, White and Blue week, to celebrate the Fourth of July.
WHAT TO BRING TO CAMP
- In their backpack your child should have:
- Campers are required to bring a bathing suit
- closed toe shoes
- extra set of clothes
- water bottle
- On rainy days, a rain coat will be necessary
- A hat (recommended)
- All clothing as well as possessions need to be clearly marked with your child’s name.
- Children participating in Horseback Riding will need to bring long pants and shoes or boots with a one-inch heel and little or no tread.
- Do not allow your child to bring in trading cards, cell phones, Gameboys, iPods, or other valuables. Camp is not responsible for lost or stolen items bought from home.
- CELL PHONES ARE NOT NEEDED AT CAMP. Therefore, campers are urged to leave them at home while at Day Camp.