Camp Speers in the Poconos offers 1 and 2-week overnight sessions for campers ages 7- 16. We are committed to providing each camper a fun and exciting experience that will create lasting memories and friendships.
One-Week Sessions One-week sessions provide campers the opportunity to select 3 activities to do every day. They go on an overnight camp-out and explore Speers’ pristine wilderness areas.
Two-Week Sessions Two-week sessions offer all the fun and excitement of a one-week session and much, much more. During a two-week session, campers can select up to 6 activities they want to participate in while at camp. Campers also have the opportunity to explore the beautiful 1,100-acre property and the surrounding national recreation area, The Delaware Water Gap.
- All staff are CPR, AED and Oxygen certified
- State and Federal background check clearances
- Program specific certifications
- Counselors trained to be engaging and fun in order to give campers the best experience possible
- Each cabin has at least two counselors
- Camper to staff ratios meet American Camp Association standards
- Cabins in Speers share village bathhouses
- Camper cabins are located on the beautiful shores of Lake Nichecronk
- Food sensitivities will be accommodated
- Three meals and a snack each day will be provided
- Campers enjoy meals with their cabin groups
- We serve our meals family style
Monday – Friday
9:00 – 10:00 Activity period 1
10:00-11:00 Activity period 2
11:00-12:00 Activity period 3
1:30-2:30 Rest hour
2:30-3:30 Prime time
3:30-4:30 Free swim
4:30-5:30 Cabin time
7:00-8:30 Evening Program
8:30-9:30 Cabin Chat/Activities
9:30 Lights out
Special Events and Themes
Special Events and Themes are a huge part of Camp Speers’ traditions. In the evening, cabin groups work together to assemble a team of super heroes (counselors) or spend a week trying to survive a Zombie Take-Over. Session themes range from popular Disney and Pixar movies to our annual Red, White and Blue week, to celebrate the Fourth of July. Once a summer, campers are divided into teams for the ultimate Color Wars competition.