Camp Speers in the Poconos offers overnight sessions for campers ages 7- 16. We are committed to providing each camper a fun and exciting experience that will create lasting memories and friendships.
One-Week Sessions One-week sessions provide campers the opportunity to select 3 activities to do every day. They go on an overnight camp-out and explore Speers’ pristine wilderness areas.
In 2019, you can build your own Two-Week Session to best fit your schedule!
We encourage you to connect with camp friends and pick the 2, 3, 4, or more weeks that work for everyone to maximize the fun at camp!
- All staff are CPR, AED and Oxygen certified
- State and Federal background check clearances
- Program specific certifications
- Counselors trained to be engaging and fun in order to give campers the best experience possible
- Each cabin has at least two counselors
- Camper to staff ratios meet American Camp Association standards
- Cabins in Speers share village bathhouses
- Camper cabins are located on the beautiful shores of Lake Nichecronk
- Food sensitivities will be accommodated
- Three meals and a snack each day will be provided
- Campers enjoy meals with their cabin groups
- We serve our meals family style
Monday – Friday
9:00 – 10:00 Activity period 1
10:00-11:00 Activity period 2
11:00-12:00 Activity period 3
1:30-2:30 Rest hour
2:30-3:30 Prime time
3:30-4:30 Free swim
4:30-5:30 Cabin time
7:00-8:30 Evening Program
8:30-9:30 Cabin Chat/Activities
9:30 Lights out
Special Events and Themes
Special Events and Themes are a huge part of Camp Speers’ traditions. In the evening, cabin groups work together to assemble a team of super heroes (counselors) or spend a week trying to survive a Zombie Take-Over. Session themes range from popular Disney and Pixar movies to our annual Red, White and Blue week, to celebrate the Fourth of July. Once a summer, campers are divided into teams for the ultimate Color Wars competition.