Are You Ready for Summer?
Wow, Camp is coming! If this is your first time away from home, you may feel a little overwhelmed at the thought of heading off to camp. The list below will help you prepare for the great adventure ahead.
Click the following link for our overnight Packing List. Packing lists for Day Camp can be found on the Day Camp page.
Here are a few things you can do to get ready.
- Give your family and friends your address and ask them to send letters. For some people, it can be hard to imagine life without a computer or a cell phone, but don’t worry, life at camp is full of fun things to do and interesting people to meet, so it’s pretty easy to do without internet or phone service. Receiving mail at camp is fun and a great way to stay in touch with people from home.
- Think about what you are looking forward to at Camp. Are there new activities that you want to try? Are you excited to learn to sail, sleep under the stars, and make new friends? Yes!
- Express any concerns you may have to your parents or to the Camp Speers staff. We are all here to help. If you are concerned about a certain aspect of camp, express those concerns and get your questions answered.
- Print out and take with you some pictures of your family, friends, pets, or favorite things so you can share stories with your new friends and personalize your bunk.
- Give yourself time to pack so you don’t feel rushed.